domain mapping request
Matthew Conroy requested the following domain mapping:
bmcccetls.commons.gc.cuny.edu ==> www.bmcc.cuny.edu/cetls
golive date 8/31/17
I will let him know he needs to do stuff on his side.
#1 Updated by Boone Gorges about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Reporter Feedback
Hi Scott - It's not currently possible for us to map a URL like www.bmcc.cuny.edu/cetls to a Commons site. We can only map domains, without the trailing directory /cetls. There are two options:
1. Use a redirect instead. www.bmcc.cuny.edu/cetls could redirect to bmcccetels.commons.gc.cuny.edu, and all further navigation will be at Commons URLs
2. Get BMCC to set up a subdomain for CETLS - perhaps cetls.bmcc.cuny.edu - and point that at the Commons
#3 Updated by scott voth about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to New
- Assignee set to Boone Gorges
Hi - BMCC has set up a subdomain - celts.bmcc.cuny.edu - for this and now they are trying to map. Member said that "CUNY" has made CName changes. It still doesn't work for me. Could it be because our changes haven't been requested yet? Or maybe on their settings are wrong?
#4 Updated by Boone Gorges about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to Not tracked
Hi Scott - The DNS is correct, but I hadn't yet set up the domain on the Commons end. (This was the first I'd heard of it :) I've configured the domain and it appears to be working now: http://cetls.bmcc.cuny.edu/ Please feel free to reopen if there are issues!