Redesign site launch process
similar to what we've done with the onboarding work
-- site templates
-- metadata on sites
-- ability to clone
-- connection to onboarding module -- can invite people
-- cuny.is shortlinks
-- group categorization
have to game out every part of the process that is best located in site launch
here's a general ticket we can use for the Fall 2018 release of site launch redesign
- Related to Feature #7112: Add Copyright option/question to users on blog creation wizard added
- Category name set to Blogs (BuddyPress)
- Related to Feature #8835: Extend cuny.is shortlinks to sites added
- Related to Bug #8414: Site duplicator/clone plugin added
- Related to Feature #6078: Explore Adding Network Blog Metadata Plugin added
- Target version changed from 1.14 to 1.15
- Target version changed from 1.15 to 1.16
A massive redesign of the site creation process is not in the cards for 1.15. The site/group creation portal described in #10987 is a precursor to that redesign. We may decide to focus on this for the fall.
Are there any specific action items or areas for me to work on? Looking at the related issues that are still open, there isn't.
- Target version changed from 1.16 to Future release
Not at this time. The work in #10987 is as far as we got in decisions about this.
Also available in: Atom